How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116816
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received is a summons from the court. I call them the

Customer Question

I received is a summons from the court. I call them the divorce papers.... the forms are FL-100 petition for divorce. FL 311 Child Custody. FL 105/GC-120 Declaration under uniform child dusty jurisdiction and enforcement act, FL-160 Petitioners Community and quasi-community property declaration,and FL-150 income and expense declaration. Now I agree to everything on all these forms. The real question is will the judge approve what I was served with or can she sand bag me if I don't respond? Meaning can she change what has already been filed with the court and served to me WITHOUT re filing and re serving me? and does a written notarized agreement hold any value? We have that too.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you do not respond to the documents, then the court would enter judgment by default and would grant whatever was stated in the papers you were served. So if you do not answer, the next thing would be you would get a notice for default and if you do not respond the court will set it for a default order hearing. That one you should show up at and inform the court you do not object to entry of default based on the contents of the pleadings and that would be the end of your marriage.

If she changes anything she has to serve you again.

A written notarized agreement is a contractual document and it can be enforced by the court as written.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for you help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One more question. What if the judge change something would I have a chance to respond
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

The judge cannot alter a written contract unless there is a clause that is illegal. So if the judge tries to change the agreement, you would object and you would have a chance to respond.