How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Father and mother share custody of 12 year old; Father has

Customer Question

Father and mother share custody of 12 year old; Father has been paying child support; mother has taken child out of school (truant for 6 weeks) and moved out her apartment with no forwarding address. Father cannot afford to pay an attorney to handle the search. What are his alternatives? Does he have to continue to pay child support if he doesn't know where mother has taken the child?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

Oh, goodness. What, if anything, has the father attempted to do so far to either find the mother or seek custody?