How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 102585
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a mother of 3 that was never married or had a job and i

Customer Question

I am a mother of 3 that was never married or had a job and i was in an abusive relationship so I had to leave I need support from him he is being unreasonable can you tell me how to file child support threw the state?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

i am sorry to hear about this situation. What you want to do is to contact the Illinois Child Support Services, which is a state agency that will file for child support on your behalf. NOTE that they do not deal with custody if custody becomes an issue, only child support. So this is assuming the father will be in agreement that you have the children, since custody and child support are normally ordered at the same time.

Illinois Child Support provides free services to any parent or legal caretaker of a child regardless of income. You can call 1-***-***-**** to apply, or, see HERE.

Good luck.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.