How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask faye lee Your Own Question
faye lee
faye lee, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1528
Experience:  JD Degree and Masters of Law and have over 20 years experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
faye lee is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my case against the parents does not fit any of the

Customer Question

if my case against the parents does not fit any of the statutes-since they are unmarried and lie together-how likely would I be to win my case for visitation?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  faye lee replied 1 year ago.

I just received your request, sorry for the delay.You are the grand parent seeking to gain visitation rights to see grandchildren. Your state has laws that allows you to file against the parents for visitation.First you would need to ensure the father has legitimate the children. He would need to give legal status to the children, otherwise he would not have any say in the matter.If you file ,the attorney would validate the information about the parents, therefore being able to support the information that is being received by the courts. If there are parenting issues the attorney may have the option to have Family and Children Services to evaluate the parents and their home to determine fitness of the parents. This may be a case that would allow you and parents to mediate a resolution that would allow your visitation. In many cases the judge would order mediation first. If you are directed to mediation this would save on legal fees... I hope this has helped.... if you need further conversation let me know.

Related Family Law Questions