Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

If my case against the parents does not fit any of the

Customer Question
statutes-since they are unmarried and...
if my case against the parents does not fit any of the statutes-since they are unmarried and lie together-how likely would I be to win my case for visitation?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 2 days by:
9/20/2015
Family Lawyer: faye lee, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
faye lee
faye lee, Lawyer

I just received your request, sorry for the delay.You are the grand parent seeking to gain visitation rights to see grandchildren. Your state has laws that allows you to file against the parents for visitation.First you would need to ensure the father has legitimate the children. He would need to give legal status to the children, otherwise he would not have any say in the matter.If you file ,the attorney would validate the information about the parents, therefore being able to support the information that is being received by the courts. If there are parenting issues the attorney may have the option to have Family and Children Services to evaluate the parents and their home to determine fitness of the parents. This may be a case that would allow you and parents to mediate a resolution that would allow your visitation. In many cases the judge would order mediation first. If you are directed to mediation this would save on legal fees... I hope this has helped.... if you need further conversation let me know.

faye lee
faye lee
faye lee, Lawyer