How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19285
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I signed a spousal support agreement that hasn't been

Customer Question

Hello, I signed a spousal support agreement that hasn't been entered into the cohrt yet..I only signed it due to her threaat of cutting off the $..if I didn't sign a bad deal..being a stay at home dad for 10 years I had no choice. Can I revoke this
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you can. If the agreement has not been filed with the Court, you can call and also e-mail and send other written notice to the other party or her Attorney if she is represented that you have changed your mind about the agreement, that you no longer agree to it because you were intimidated into signing it; that your assent to agreement was coerced.

If the agreement has been filed with the Court, but waiting for Court approval, you need to file Motion to notify the Court that you no longer agree to it; that you were forced to sign the agreement. That your assent to the agreement was not voluntary, was coerced and that you need to withdraw from it.

You can obtain blank Motion form at the Courthouse in the Clerk's Office.