How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD 1992 Your Own Question
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33404
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JD 1992 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Texas. My ex wants to bring s romantic partner to

Customer Question

I live in Texas. My ex wants to bring his romantic partner to a teacher-parent meeting. The teacher is very bullied by my ex, and, although she does not want the romantic partner there, she does not want to say no to my ex. We share joint custody, but she lives with me primarily. Is it legal for him to do this? I believe this breaks education confidentiality laws. Our decree says he has a right to see private records, but it does not say anything about his romantic partner having them.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Further, if you get a message asking if you want to do additional services like a telephone call that message is automatically generated by the website and is not sent from me. I, like most of the experts in the Legal categories, do not do telephone calls due to issues with State Bar rules and other concerns.

There's nothing illegal about it, no laws would be broken.

If you don't want them there then the solution is to go to court and ask the judge to prohibit it as a part of the order. However, you definitely want to talk it over with your lawyer before you spend the money to file the motion. Some judges wouldn't want to hear a case with these kinds of facts and would be miffed at someone for bringing this others would certainly understand and wouldn't have a problem so you want to be sure you know what your judge is likely to do before you move forward.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.

I am going to be offline for a while but if you have additional questions feel free to ask them in this thread and I'll answer them when I return.

Related Family Law Questions