How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19125
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In 2008 I moved from Missouri to New York State with my ex's

Customer Question

In 2008 I moved from Missouri to New York State with my ex's permission. I have a letter for the local school indicating I had his permission to enroll my daughter in NYS. He talked me out of seeking child support and said he'd lose his house if I did that. One of my daughters opted to stay in Missouri, so I didn't want to see that happen. But then after a year and a half she moved here at the age of 18 (and was in college). I should have had a new child custody agreement, but didn't. The last 8 years have been a challenge. My youngest daughter, who is 21 and was 14 when we moved here, is still in college. Is it too late to go for back child support for those years that I was completely on my own with the kids? It is still very hard and he is not helping either daughter with college--I am the only one.
Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

It is to late to go back for retroactive child support for those years, but it is not too late to file for support now to cover for college expenses.