How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9366
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My friends are getting married in Thailand and asked me if I

Customer Question

My friends are getting married in Thailand and asked me if I could affiliate their wedding. I am from England but live in California with them.
Is it possible for me to be able to do this? If so - how!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

A marriage in Thailand can be completed without a wedding ceremony, the process is detailed at

My opinion is that you can preside at a wedding there if you desire, but the legal marriage is accomplished upon registration by a Thai Diplomatic or Consular Officer.

I hope this information is helpful.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi there

Thanks for the response. The bride and groom are californian and want it to be a legal and official marriage?

Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

It becomes legal upon registration.

I know a couple who were married at the courthouse in one State, then had a wedding ceremony in Japan and then another in a different State, to accommodate their families and friends. Your friends can have any ceremony they want but Thai law says the marriage is legal upon registration.

A legal Thai marriage is recognized as valid in California.

If they want you to perform a legal wedding, they cannot do that in Thailand.

Related Family Law Questions