Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Mother moving from NV to IL father non custodial parent

Customer Question
lives in California. We drive...
mother moving from NV to IL father non custodial parent lives in California. We drive half way for my custodial time. I will be paying for airline tickets now. Can I petition the courts to be reimbursed or what is the formula for child support deviation of support in regards ***** *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
9/16/2015
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If she is the one creating more distance for you to travel, then you can move the court for a credit towards support or you can ask the court to make her pay for the transportation, that is up to the court. There is generally no formula, the court has the option depending on the reason for her move to make her pay her share of the costs to you or the full cost (either directly or through deductions in support, but typically it is by making her pay directly as this is extraordinary expense).

Ely, Counselor at Law