How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6422
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a non custodial parent moves addresses, is there any

Customer Question

if a non custodial parent moves addresses, is there any legal obligation as far as the statute is concerned, for the non custodial parent to notify the custodial parent of their move? is there a georgia code/stATUTE that addresses this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 years ago.

Was your question answered on the other screen?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no sir

Expert:  Maverick replied 2 years ago.

Do you have visitation rights with your children. If so, then you will need to keep the custodial parent apprised of your physical location contact information at all times. This is a standard requirement of parenting plans in all states.

See : 19-9-1:

(2) Unless otherwise ordered by the judge, or agreed upon by the parties, a parenting plan shall include, but not be limited to:

(A) Where and when a child will be in each parent's physical care, designating where the child will spend each day of the year;

(B) How holidays, birthdays, vacations, school breaks, and other special occasions will be spent with each parent including the time of day that each event will begin and end;

(C) Transportation arrangements including how the child will be exchanged between the parents, the location of the exchange, how the transportation costs will be paid, and any other matter relating to the child spending time with each parent;