Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Where can I get emancipation papers granddaughter

Customer Question
Where can I get emancipation...
Where can I get emancipation papers for my granddaughter
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/15/2015
Family Lawyer: Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Gerald-Esquire

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

I child is automatically emancipated under Florida law at the age of 18. Prior to that age a child may Petition the Court for Emancipation. There is no State wide form because each county court has their own. BUT the following link will give you an example and spells out the process. The process is similar in each county, but you will want to talk to the Clerk of the Court to get your County's forms:

http://legal-forms.laws.com/florida/emancipation

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer