How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ANDREA, Your Own Question
ANDREA,, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12554
Experience:  25 yrs Family Law, Real Estate & Business Law, Criminal Defense, Immigration, Employment Law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ANDREA, is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband pays 150 as agreed monthly child. We are married

Customer Question

Hi my husband pays 150 as agreed monthly for his child. We are married and have 3 kids. Now he has to have surgery therefore go on disability. They will pay him 950 a month. Since I'm the bread maker and he's a stay home dad. Now child support sent us they know he may qualify for disability ( temp). Will they increase his child support payment. ? And also if we have kids , does he still have to pay 35 percent of his earnings? Or is it actually less?? Lastly can she come after my earnings?? Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ANDREA, replied 2 years ago.

Hi, and Welcome to JustAnswer,

Your husband's child support obligation will be recalculated based on the amount he will be receiving as temporary disability. If the amount he will be receiving in temporary disability is less, then his child support obligation should be reduced to reflect the reduced amount he is receiving. This is not done automatically and it usually requires the payor to file a "Petition to Modify Child Support".is less than he was receiving before the disability.

In Answer to your last question, "No", your earnings cannot be takn to satisfy any child support obligation of your husband.

If I have Answered your question, please be kind enough to leave a Positive rating. You have already made a deposit with JustAnswer and leaving a positive rating will not cost you anything additional, but it is the only way that JustAnswer will give me credit for assisting you. But without it, JustAnswer will not give us credit for assisting a customer. Positive Feedback and Bonus are very much appreciated,

Kindest Regards,