How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34268
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Ma. and my ex has been paying me my alimony as he

Customer Question

I live in Ma. and my ex has been paying me my alimony as he pleases. He tells me I owe him for the kids activities. I pay $266.90 a week in child support. When we went to court the judge made a temporary order that out of the $575 in alimony I get $260.90
would go to child support and I would get $258.10 every Friday. He is now 4 weeks behind and due to my financial situation and my health I cant work. Plus he has stopped me from seeing my kids since last December. He make over $120K and married the woman he
had an affair with who is a doctor and makes$300K. He tells me he cant afford to pay me. what can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma.

If your ex is not complying with the court order, they are in "contempt".

If this is the case, you can have a local attorney prepare and present a motion to the court to ask the court order he pay up (as required by the original order)

Also, you can ask the court to order he pay your lawyers fees...while in most cases each side must pay their own lawyers fees, if you can show the reason you had to go to court was because your ex was in contempt , the court can order he pay your legal costs.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.