How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31731
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I are getting divorced and we have a 15 year

Customer Question

My husband and I are getting divorced and we have a 15 year old daughter. She is already seeing a counselor but her father wants her to go with him to a different counselor. She does not want to go to a different counselor and has offered to go to her counselor with him. Can he force her to go to counseling with him?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Yes, your husband can force her go to do counseling......if there's no court order that limits his rights to the child, then he can require her - - as his minor child - - to attend counseling. But, once you file for divorce, you could then ask the court to relieve her of this obligation......and the judge would decide the matter based on what he/she believes is in the best interest of the child.

Related Family Law Questions