mmdesq
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
30969554

I need to get a divorce in the state of missouri. It's no

Customer Question

i need to get a divorce in the state of missouri. It's no contest but i can't guarantee the ability to contact my spouse. she has had two children that are not mine since we've been separated, and I will not be paying child support. I can't afford a regular lawyer but i need to get back to my life. I need help.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 2 years ago.

Good Morning:

I will be helping to answer your question. In order to get divorced you will need to file a complaint and serve her with the same. You will need her name, address and date of birth. If the children are not yours you should not need any of their info as you are not seeking custody. You may try getting her personal information from any prior joint tax return, your marriage certificate, apt lease or mortgage application, are some suggestions. Once the divorce complaint is filed and served you can file discovery requests to obtain any additional information needed. I would suggest contacting the bar association for the county in which you are living and ask about pro bon (free) legal services offered. Most counties have pro bono services if you qualify financially.