How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask mmdesq Your Own Question
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 518
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
mmdesq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name pirtle divorced from my husband due to just leave

Customer Question

Hi my name Karen pirtle divorced from my husband due to just leave the married sent certificates by mail to him in Memphis but came back stated that he move didn't leave a forward address I wanted can't still file the paper live in kansas
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning:

I will try to answer your question.

If you can not identify your Husband's current address for service of the complaint after a diligent search, you can file a motion with the court requesting service by publication. Service by publication means running an add in your local news paper legal notice section of the divorce complaint. Your motion to use this alternative form of service will have to state all the efforts you made to serve him such as requesting forwarding address from PO, internet search, phone book search, contacting any of his relatives and inquiring, contacting him at work if you know his address there. I hope this is helpful and wish you the best of luck.