mmdesq
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
30969554

My name pirtle divorced from my husband due to just leave

Customer Question

Hi my name Karen pirtle divorced from my husband due to just leave the married sent certificates by mail to him in Memphis but came back stated that he move didn't leave a forward address I wanted can't still file the paper live in kansas
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning:

I will try to answer your question.

If you can not identify your Husband's current address for service of the complaint after a diligent search, you can file a motion with the court requesting service by publication. Service by publication means running an add in your local news paper legal notice section of the divorce complaint. Your motion to use this alternative form of service will have to state all the efforts you made to serve him such as requesting forwarding address from PO, internet search, phone book search, contacting any of his relatives and inquiring, contacting him at work if you know his address there. I hope this is helpful and wish you the best of luck.