Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Im going to court on a vehicle that was repossessed in 2011

Customer Question
with my ex husband i...
im going to court on a vehicle that was repossessed in 2011 with my ex husband i have 3 kids an a disabled finance can they freeze my account or garnish my paycheck
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
9/10/2015
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, in FL, they could seize your accounts. As far as garnishing your pay, if you file your taxes as head of household, they cannot garnish your pay. If you are not head of household, they can legally garnish your pay for this type of deficiency debt.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer