How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've been involved in a probate case regarding the

Customer Question

I've been involved in a probate case regarding the guardianship/conservatorship of my father. Recently there was a hearing that the G/C (non-family member) had petitioned the court to sell my father's farm which is co-owned by my sister and I. The judge
took testimony from all parties and then the next day issued a ruling. This ruling however referenced points that were not even brought up during the hearing and twisted additional testimony as well as referencing examples of arguments from both sides that
made the G/C's position look strong and ours weak. It was shocking to see what evidence and references the judge actually made to come to his decision. It makes me feel it was rigged or back-room conversations were had which we were not privy to. How can orders
from judges be questioned? How can we ask the judge to explain his reasoning and further justify his order? Can that be done outside of an appeal?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry to learn of this matter.

Unfortunately, you are going to need to file an appeal to deal with this matter.

If you and your sister are trying to litigate this matter "pro per" (without an attorney) you are going to want to hire a lawyer - quickly. The Court's order to sell the property will be effective immediately, even if you file an appeal it will still be carried out unless you also file a "Motion to Stay." (But a motion to stay is not automatic).

Related Family Law Questions