How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask mmdesq Your Own Question
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 518
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
mmdesq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed a response to a motion and put the date I was

Customer Question

I filed a response to a motion and put the date I was expecting to file and send to opposing council. Due to an error the first attempt of filing was rejected, and the re-file took two days due to the same issues. How do I amend the filing date and the date documents were sent to opposing council? I want to make sure the filing and notification of service is correct. Opposing council is claiming I am not following the court rules.
How to I correct the filing?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 2 years ago.

Good Morning:

I will try to best answer your question. I would recommend preparing an amended certificate of service with the correct date motion was sent to opposing counsel. I would also recommend file a praecipe with the court requesting amended certificate of service of the motion be substituted for the incorrect certificate of service. A praecipe is just a request for the court clerk to do something. In this situation you are just asking the clerk to substitute the amended cert of service for the incorrect one. I hope this was helpful and I wish you the best of luck.