How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

MAY I stress that going to even pay the $5 unless I get a

Customer Question

MAY I stress that I am NOT going to even pay the $5 unless I get a FAMILY LAW LAWYER ONLY! I am a military wife looking to legally separate from my husband without loosing my child; he will be going with me wherever I go. My legal domicile residency maintained and remaining is Irvine, Ca. It is my mom's address as well. My support system to relocate, however, is not my mom but friends in Nevada. I currently live in Florida since less than a month ago so I just found out that the State of Florida does not consider me a resident until 5 months from now; which is fine because I want to flee with my child to Nevada with a legal separation to protect and keep my child with me during the separation. My husband is going to be retiring from the military and joining me here in Florida, (if I stayed here in Florida), soon as he's retired from the military in November. I hope to already be in Nevada by then but want to make sure my child legally stays with me. The child is 4 yrs. and filed under my name and residency in California with taxes. My drivers license has always been in Ca., etc. A lawyer in Florida said I need to find a lawyer who specializes in family law and relocation issues with both California and Nevada. I cannot get through, however, to anybody/agency on the phone in California without being on hold forever or one operator even redirecting back to Florida to get a formal Florida referral for a California one? Help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am a CA licensed attorney with more than 30 years' experience and I am familiar with Nevada law as well. I handle family law matters and am familiar with interstate relocation issues involving minor children.

As you have asked for a phone call, I will offer you that and I will process that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread. If you are not interested in a phone call, please let me know and I will opt out of this question.

After you accept my offer of the phone call, would you please provide your phone number in the box entitled "Enter contact info"? After you do that, please send me a quick Reply to let me know that you have posted the number, so I can call you.

In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What was the last state your child resided in where your child were living in the state for at least 6 months?

2. Was your child born in CA?

Thanks in advance,


Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You seem nice, but this internet service seems scammy because I was told for $36 this would at least get me 5 questions and now the system wants another $24? If the $24 is for access to you by phone than how many questions do I have left with you if I stayed online?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My child was born in Ft. Riley, Kansas and last 6 months resided in Georgia.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.

Good afternoon,

The additional money ($24) is for the phone call. I have no idea what kind of a program you may have signed up for with JustAnswer. I am not an employee but a user of the system just like you---though I answer question on the site. For what it is worth, I also happen to be a GA licensed attorney, having lived and practiced in Savannah until a year ago.

If you need assistance navigating the system, or questions about billing or a plan you may have paid for, you can contact customer service at(###) ###-####