How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris T., JD Your Own Question
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4823
Experience:  I have assisted many customers and clients with their family law questions and I'm experienced in family law litigation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Chris T., JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is having an affair with s office manager, We

Customer Question

My husband is having an affair with his office manager, We have a restaurant, my name is ***** ***** the business/restaurant, but my name is ***** ***** land it sits on, we have a 400,000
loan on business which i co-signed. What are my ????? foresee able problems if we get a divorce? Live in PA
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.

Hello> I'll be happy to assist you.

If you get a divorce, the rule of thumb is that the assets and debts that you acquired during the course of your marriage are to be split. That could include any ownership interest he has in the business. Of course, that's offset by the value of the loan against it, but it largely depends on what the company is worth.

Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.

While the judge starts with the premise that everything should be split 50/50, other factors can sway that one way or another, including fault (in this case, his infidelity).

Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.

As far as spousal support is concerned (otherwise known as "alimony"), I'd suggest you read this link, and then ask any questions you may have.

Related Family Law Questions