How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19306
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am currently being accused again of child abuse by my 14

Customer Question

I am currently being accused again of child abuse by my 14 y/o and ACS has brought the case to family court again, however I was not arrested and the report was initially by my estranged husband and then followed up by my son. what can I do? I have been in this situation before and am currently appealing the decision of that case. They have the same attorneys used in the previous case and I have a new one that Im not to fond of and am currently seeking another. I honestly cannot afford hired counsel at this time but I am completely innocent and have a witness that can testify that nothing that I'm being accused of ever happened. I am currently 6 months pregnant with a very high risk pregnancy and my soon to be ex-husband is extremely jealous of that and this is why he did what he did. He is very manipulative when it comes to our 2 sons and he forces them to tell lies on me. Please help me
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Refute the charge when you are given opportunity to do so—Calmly tell the Court your side of the case.

Make sure that your witness is available to testify on your behalf. This means that you need to inform your witness of the hearing date on the case so that the witness can be present in Court and give his or her testimony.

That's all you can do under the circumstances.

Related Family Law Questions