How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37639
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Are you able to talk by phone

Customer Question

are you able to talk by phone
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Yes, a phone call is always an option that I can offer to you. Before I do that though, would you please provide some brief information about the nature of your inquiry, including the state you are in, so that I have a general idea of what it is you need to know about?

Thanks in advance,


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try stick to the facts! I was divorced in AZ about 10 years ago. I have two kids 15 & 16. Ex moved to CA and I moved here years ago. We have 50/50 joint custody. I remarried 3 years ago. Since then she's made my life miserable alienating the kids from both my wife and myself. I realize alienation is hard to prove so I'm not sure I want to go down the route. However, she sends about 20 emas a week riddled with hatred and anger and warnings that the kids will not want to live with me one day when they come of age I.e., which she has determined is now. As a result she has taken my youngest dsughter from me 3 months ago and said this us what she wants. Youngest daughter is being hurtful and going along with moms plan. The order for child support was moved from
AZ to CA but the child custody was not. She is taking me back to court but NOT Fsmily court just DCSS to say "now that our daughter is living with me 100% of the time," you owee more AND back pay from the time she left you. I was told by DCSS that she is right that she will get more money cause my daughter has been with her in her home. So, I'm trying to have my case heard in Family Court. I was told I have a better chance there. Not sure if that's true. So I'm in the process of moving my custody case from AZ to CA. I just got the sealed copy mailed to me Friday. I m trying to complete the forms Fl-580 (registration out of state) and form Fl-105/GC-120(declaration uniform child custody & enforcement) . Those are the forms I was told to complete at the self help desk at Family court. I was told to also fill out form 580 ( request for hearing) and then once case is move the next step is to complete a request for order FL-300 & FL-311. My 1st question is does all those steps sound right? I don't have money for an attorney and trusting I'm being instructed properly. Here is my goal. I am hoping the judge will see that it's NOT okay to just take my daughter and be judge jury and law stimulator and that the judge will not honor her request to get back pay rule all these filings are going on. However, I have been told by DCSS they don't care about custody cases just who has the kids. They are a calculator and they will enforce the back pay so my 2nd question is do I have a chance that the judge will favor that the order that I sm trying to move states that certain steps are suppose to take place like mediation and sgreements in writing before future changes are to occur? This all came out of an argument I had with my daughter who said she wanted to stay with her mom for the simmer and I finally agreed if she needed space to do so via a text but I never agreed to losing her like this. My just capitalized on it and took her! And my last question is do you understand how CA courts think and feel regarding allowing a child to determine where they should live? Our agreement say it will consider but my daughter and I were arm
And arm hugging and laughing and doing just great 3 months ago and now this abruptly changed. I still havey other daughter 50/50 but I know it's a matter of time before she takes her too.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

As your issues are quite complex, and I expect that your questions will be numerous, and I will be happy offer you a phone call if you would like.

After you accept the call offer, would you please provide your phone number in the box entitled "Enter contact info"? After you do that, please send me a quick Reply to let me know that you have posted the number, so I can call you.

Thanks in advance,


Related Family Law Questions