Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Is a person crazy to attend a court hearing unrepresented,

Customer Question
when CPS has taken custody...
Is a person crazy to attend a court hearing unrepresented, when CPS has taken custody of their infant?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
9/7/2015
Family Lawyer: mkc1959, Family Law Attorney replied 2 years ago
mkc1959
mkc1959, Family Law Attorney

Because of the potential of criminal charges being filed against someone, it is clearly I'll-advised for your son to appear at any court proceeding or to respond to any inquiries without the help of an attorney. Anything he does or says will be considered by both the police and CPS. Your son needs to meet with an attorney as soon as possible so that he can get a clear understanding of what investigation, cases and procedures will be taken. Please let me know what follow up questions you have. It is certainly I'll-advised to assume nothing bad will happen. Your son may feel nothing can happen to him because he did not harm the child. It would be great if the legal system worked perfectly but it does not. If I have answered your question, please hit the accept button so that I may be paid.

mkc1959
mkc1959
mkc1959, Family Law Attorney