How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask mkc1959 Your Own Question
mkc1959, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 616
Experience:  Practicing attorney with 26 years of experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
mkc1959 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is a person crazy to attend a court hearing unrepresented,

Customer Question

Is a person crazy to attend a court hearing unrepresented, when CPS has taken custody of their infant?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mkc1959 replied 1 year ago.

Because of the potential of criminal charges being filed against someone, it is clearly I'll-advised for your son to appear at any court proceeding or to respond to any inquiries without the help of an attorney. Anything he does or says will be considered by both the police and CPS. Your son needs to meet with an attorney as soon as possible so that he can get a clear understanding of what investigation, cases and procedures will be taken. Please let me know what follow up questions you have. It is certainly I'll-advised to assume nothing bad will happen. Your son may feel nothing can happen to him because he did not harm the child. It would be great if the legal system worked perfectly but it does not. If I have answered your question, please hit the accept button so that I may be paid.