How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Seattle Scott Your Own Question
Seattle Scott
Seattle Scott, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 961
Experience:  I have 25 years experience as a Washington State Family Law Attorney.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Seattle Scott is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 17, going to be 18 in December. I do not have a record,

Customer Question

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am 17, going to be 18 in December. I do not have a record, nor have I ever been in trouble with the police. I have a 3.5 GPA, and my grades are always on point. My mom wants to go to court with me and send me to my fathers because she doesn't want to deal with hormones. Is there a law in MA where this can be prevented?
Submitted: 2 years ago via Cornell Legal Info Institute.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Seattle Scott replied 2 years ago.

No. Until you are an adult, 18, your parents have the power to determine which parent you live with. I am assuming that your father is agreeable to the change and that both your parents are "fit" meaning you are not and will not be a neglected child in either household.