How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19675
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son has a friend who is 17, will be 18 in six months.

Customer Question

My son has a friend who is 17, will be 18 in six months. This friend lives in an emotionally abusive home (not physically abusive), and I would be willing to allow him to stay with my husband and myself to graduate from high school. He lives in VA, we live in MO, I'm not sure of the laws between states?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.

You would need to petition for Guardianship (Custody) of Minor in Virginia in the District Court in the County where he currently resides with his parents in order for him to enroll in school in Missouri. You can contact the Courthouse and request for Custody/Guardianship forms. Click on the link below to Virginia Courts: