How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am looking to help me with information about the

Customer Question

I am looking for someone to help me with information about the grandparents rights and what I need to do to see my grandson.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I suggest mediation is a good idea. A Mediator will help streamline the process, and act as a guide to help all parties come to a resolution. And if you file for the Grandparent visitation, it may be possible that the court will order mediation in this regard as to times and places, etc. However, keep in mind, that unless the mediation is court order the parties do not have to attend mediation. And so you can make that request, but if they do not cooperate, then the court would have to order it and you can show that you encouraged mediation as a first step to no avail.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess what I need to know is where is the best place to start the process? I have no clue where to begin. Thank you
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

I suggest you begin with Mediation and you can get a list of court approved mediators from the clerk of the circuit/superior court in your county. Then if the other party will not agree to go to mediation, you can instead get the documents from the same court to file for the Petition for Grandparent rights.

Related Family Law Questions