Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I am looking to help me with information about the

Customer Question
I am looking for someone...
I am looking for someone to help me with information about the grandparents rights and what I need to do to see my grandson.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
9/5/2015
Family Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I suggest mediation is a good idea. A Mediator will help streamline the process, and act as a guide to help all parties come to a resolution. And if you file for the Grandparent visitation, it may be possible that the court will order mediation in this regard as to times and places, etc. However, keep in mind, that unless the mediation is court order the parties do not have to attend mediation. And so you can make that request, but if they do not cooperate, then the court would have to order it and you can show that you encouraged mediation as a first step to no avail.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you

I guess what I need to know is where is the best place to start the process? I have no clue where to begin. Thank you

Thank you

I suggest you begin with Mediation and you can get a list of court approved mediators from the clerk of the circuit/superior court in your county. Then if the other party will not agree to go to mediation, you can instead get the documents from the same court to file for the Petition for Grandparent rights.

Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law