Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I just red a lady to assist me with various things at my

Customer Question
I just hired a young...
I just hired a young lady to assist me with various things at my home I'm an 81 year old widowed, retired teacher and disabled veteran.This young lady (Heidi) age 46, is a victim of domestic abuse and she left her and her boyfriend's home to enter a shelter because of abuse, she had been hospitalized on 3 previous occasions due to physical and mental abuse. While she was at the shelter her boyfriend had a stroke and is in a coma. When the young lady tried to return to her home she found it locked and received texts and phone messages from her boyfriend's ex-wife that she and her husband had taken possession of the house and everything in it and that refused Heidi entry by changing locks and was told that she must pick up her dogs by 9/5/15 or they will be taken to the shelter and Heidi must pick up her things in three days or all will be given to Good Will. Heidi has no access to the home she lived in for 4 years and helped make payments access to her dogs or the other car.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
9/4/2015
Family Lawyer: Michael J, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Michael J, Esq.

Hello and thank you for contacting Justanswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to assisting you today.

Does she have any written legal right to be in the house? Is she on the lease?

Michael

Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer