Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I am self employed. My yearly adjusted gross income last

Customer Question
year was 31369.00 which I...
I am self employed. My yearly adjusted gross income last year was 31369.00 which I expect to be the same this year. I have two children. The son (15) lives with me and the daughter (12) lives with her mother. Now she is asking my son's residential custody as well.
If I agree to give her both children's custody how much should I pay her as child support every month?
Do these facts make any difference in paying child support?
1- I am married now and have a child (3month old).
2- I paid around 6000.00 of federal and state taxes last year.
3- My ex doesn't work.
4- I am paying her 547.00 a month as child support for my daughter.
5- I have around 48000.00 of credit card debts.
Sent from my iPad
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
9/4/2015
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

I am self employed. My yearly adjusted gross income last year was 31369.00 which I expect to be the same this year. I have two children. The son (15) lives with me and the daughter (12) lives with her mother. Now she is asking my son's residential custody as well. If I agree to give her both children's custody how much should I pay her as child support every month?

Response 1: The amount you would pay would depend on your State's Child Support Guidelines and based on your income (income after deduction of business expenses) and the mother's income from the financial Statements filed by both parties with the Court. So, I cannot answer this question within the confines of this forum.

Do these facts make any difference in paying child support? 1- I am married now and have a child (3month old). 2- I paid around 6000.00 of federal and state taxes last year. 3- My ex doesn't work. 4- I am paying her 547.00 a month as child support for my daughter. 5- I have around 48000.00 of credit card debts. Sent from my iPad

Response 2: The facts that you have another household would be relevant in the amount that the Court would order you to pay.

I live in Illinois (Dupage County). How much should I pay for tow children while my adjusted gross income according To my tax return that I filed last year as a self employed was 31369.00. And I am married and have a child from my new marriage? I need an exact or approximate figure. Thank you.

I am sorry, but I cannot give you the exact or approximate figure within the confines of this forum. So, I will opt out and give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.

Ok . Thank. I will be waiting for the response.
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR.

We cannot properly calculate support for customers on this site, but we can provide you the links to the support calculators and statutory child support tables if that would be sufficient to answer your question (more than just tax return income is needed and you should not be putting that much information onto this site is the reason).

Please send me the links for child support calculator and any other information that helps me resolve this issue. Thanks.

Thank you for your reply.

Here is the IL child support statute: http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/fulltext.asp?DocName=075000050K505

Here is the IL Child Support calculation form: http://www.childsupportillinois.com/assets/hfsweb016.pdf

And here is a calculator to use for IL support: http://www.divorcehq.com/calculators/illinois-child-support-calculator.shtml

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer