How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19484
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My boys are 13 and 11 and I have physical placement. past

Customer Question

My boys are 13 and 11 and I have physical placement. For the past few years they have not wanted to go with their dad over the weekends or long trips. There was an abuse case and their dad was indicated for abuse but he was able to appeal it because my lawyer did not act in a timely manner. They do not get along with their dad and do not want to see him on a weekly basis. Do They have to right to stay with me when they want?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.

No, they do not.

You need to go to Court and file Complaint for Modification of Custody and Visitation and request for changes that you want the Court to act on. Your case would be scheduled for a hearing and the Court would make a decision after hearing from the parties including your boys.