How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27281
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Johnstown PA. My EX girlfriend wont leave my home.

Customer Question

I live in Johnstown PA. My EX girlfriend wont leave my home. Ian leaving for a Job out of town and want her gone
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. Contrary to what she says, you can make her leave. If it is your home and you no longer want her living there, you can ask that she vacate. Since she was residing there, she does need to be given the proper written notice and if she fails to vacate after the time expires, then you can proceed through the court to evict her. This is a civil matter, not criminal, so the police can not be called an you can not use self help to get her out. If you did, she could turn around and sue you. Now, if you are leaving for a job and she will not leave, that poses another problem, if you do not trust her there alone, so if you are leaving in the net few days, you will not be able to file and have the matter heard by then.