How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116817
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A forklift ran my hand over in Costco grocery store when i

Customer Question

A forklift ran my hand over in Costco grocery store when i was 4yrs old. I received settlement funds from accident when i turned 18. I am currently 30 yrs old. I have a girlfriend who owes child support. I had my trust wire money into my girlfriends account for me because i do not have a checking account. Child support took $7,000 of mine. What can i do to get it back. I have never met her child and we only been together about a year. what do i do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, to get the money back your girlfriend would have to file a motion in court objecting to the seizure and you would need to provide proof that the money was not her money and was merely being held for you in "constructive trust" because you do not have an account. The only one that can get the money refunded is the court. If the court refuses (highly unlikely if you prove the money was your money), then your sole remaining recourse is unfortunately to sue your girlfriend to repay you the money.