Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

We have a 17 year old that has s GED, are we still legally

Customer Question
We have a 17 year...
We have a 17 year old that has his GED, are we still legally responsible for him. He won't follow one rule we have tells us how stupid we are and most of the time won't come home. We have already sent him to a military based program that lasted 51/2 months didn't do any good other than his GED. We are so tired and done.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
9/3/2015
Family Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to answering your question.

Are you online with me?

The age of majority in OK is 18. There is no exception for high school graduation or having a GED.

You will need to provide support for a little longer and then he is no longer your responsibility.

He will have to take care of himself.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Loren, Lawyer