How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 117359
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I submitted a child support application 06/22/15 with

Customer Question

I submitted a child support application 06/22/15 with Illinois for my child's father in Texas. It still says initiating. What can I do to speed this process up? My son has sickle cell diseases. He is 10. I pay $400 every 2 weeks out my check for medical insurances plus medical bills plus his support. His father has done boding since birth. How can I speed this up? My money is almost depleted.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, when dealing with Child Support Enforcement, while it does not cost you any money, they are overworked and understaffed and it takes them forever to process claims (that is the trade off for getting free service from them I am sorry to say). If you want to speed up the process, then you really need to go to court yourself with an attorney (if at all humanly possible) and file a motion for support in the IL court and get a court order for support, which you would then have to take to the Texas court if that is where he is located, and file a petition to enforce foreign court judgment and get the Texas court to order him to pay and order garnishment of his wages for support.

I am afraid that is the legal process you have to follow if you cannot wait for child support enforcement to pursue your claim and seek to obtain your support money.