How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19108
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a victim in a domestic violence case. My ex husband is

Customer Question

I am a victim in a domestic violence case. My ex husband is trying to renew a restraining order against my boyfriend (defendent) Is there any law that protects me from having to testify and answer questions from my ex husband regarding the pending criminal case?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

If you are the victim in the case, you cannot be forced to testify if you do not want to. The Court is not going to make you relieve your nightmare. You just need to tell the Court that you do not wish to testify in the case. You can state your reasons for not wanting to testify.

Related Family Law Questions