How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31766
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my child lives with me, but s mother is still getting

Customer Question

If my child lives with me, but his mother is still getting child support that automatically comes out of my paycheck what can i do because now my child lives with me
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

In order to make this happen, you'd have to take custody over from the mother and at that point, you could also ask the court to require the mother to pay child support.

Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.

Thus, you need to file a motion to modify custody and child support.

Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.

That will bring the issues before the court and the judge will rule on these issues according to what is in the best interest of the child......which should be to allow things to proceed as they currently stand.