Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I'm working on online divorce questionnaires at complete…

Customer Question
Hi I'm working on online divorce...
Hi
I'm working on online divorce questionnaires at complete case.com, and ran into a section where I must write down the monthly child support amount. I was told to review the state law before answering this specific question.
What is the New Jersey state monthly minimum child support amount?
For your information,my monthly income is $1,000 and I also have additional monthly cash income of approximately $1,500.
I look forward to your quick reply.
Thank you.
Jin
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Family Law
8/31/2015
Family Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

The minimum support award is $5 a week if the person earns under $180 per week, but it is discretionary up to $50 per week.

.

The courts use a formula to calculate what the support amount should be that is based primarily on the division of custodial time and the respective incomes of the parents.

.

This is a link to a NJ Child Support Calculator you can plug in your respective financial info to get a very close approximation of what the court will order:

.

http://quickguide.njchildsupport.org/

.

And another one just to check the first one:

.

http://www.alllaw.com/calculators/childsupport/new_jersey

.

.

thanks