How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27165
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have sharing time custody ,i want to move from florida

Customer Question

i have sharing time custody ,i want to move from florida ,can give my spouse a choice of having our two years old daughter with him and i get her in holidays or the other way around
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Yes, you can speak with your spouse about the custody arrangement and see if they would agree to this. You are giving them two options, so it is possible they will be comfortable with one of them and agree, so you can relocate. However, they do not have to agree and if you want to relocate and take the child with you, you would need permission from the court.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my question is can the judge allowed me to move from florida .if i give the father this choice either he keep her and iget her in holidays,or i keep her and he get her in holidays
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the reply. The Judge can not stop you, from moving. What the Judge can do is say that the child will stay with the father ( if it is in the best interest of the child) and then allow and order you to get her for the holidays. It is normally more then just saying that you are moving and either the father can have the child or I will take her with me and then if he keeps her, to allow visitation. If you want to take the child, you can petition and ask the court for it. If you want to move, then you can ask the father now and enter into an agreed order, for the holidays.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Related Family Law Questions