How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12403
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

An attorney in the state of texas is having an affair with

Customer Question

an attorney in the state of texas is having an affair with my wife what can i do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions. I am so sorry to hear about the situation with your wife. What would you like to do about this situation? Do you questions about a divorce?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No sir my issue with my wife is settled. I want advice on how to and if I can file a misconduct or behavioral grievance against this animal
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Hello again.

Unfortunately, while the attorney's behavior is certainly immoral, it is not something that the State Bar would get involved with because it does not impact the attorney's practice of law. The adultery does not constitute a violation of the rules of professional conduct, unless he was your attorney when the adultery took place.

If the attorney was acting as your attorney when the adultery to place, then you likely do have a viable complaint against the attorney. You can file a grievance by following the instructions here:

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

You are quite welcome. I certainly wish you the best in dealing with this awful situation.