How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118635
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Sense my son would have to go to Canada to get this child

Customer Question

Steve, Sense my son would have to go to Canada to get this child support issue resolved, my question is can the mother who lives in Canada get any child support from him sense he doe's not have the means to get into the country
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only

Actually there is quite a strong treaty between Canada and the US. So if she gets a judgment in Canada for support, she can file that in the US Court and the US Court would have to enforce that order against him. So he can still be made to pay support and the US courts can enforce the Canadian court orders for support.