Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My divorce has sent me a letter which states SUBSTITUTION OF

Customer Question
ATTORNEY why?...
My divorce has sent me a letter which states SUBSTITUTION OF ATTORNEY why?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/29/2015
Family Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

You said "My divorce has sent me a letter which states SUBSTITUTION OF ATTORNEY why?" I assume you mean "My divorce attorney"? What does it say in the letter?

your correct
what do suggest I do?

What does it say in the letter? Is this an attorney that you just hired, or one that you've had for some time?

it talks about my payment agreement then dates also towards the end it says my attorney suggested to file asubpoena the CALPERS I
NO DONT CALL ME
IM trying to type as fast as I can

That's okay, take your time. What does "CALPERS I NO DONT CALL ME" mean?

back to what I was saying he wanted to hire a CALPERS employee in regards ***** ***** spouse retirement funds
which I found to be unnecessary do to documents we both received from our retirement CALPERS, I MENTION TO HIM IN A LETTER it would be a great expense. said that I was argumentative. Then he goes on to talk about attorney fees telling me I
signed a document of authorization to have my fee's paid toward his fee's. which prior to that there was another agreement with dates of payments due and amounts. which I'm currently caught up.
NOW he saying or threatening me with signing the Probate was a farce he is a family attorney and doesn't specialize in PROBATES. he allowed his paralegal to act and answer as an attorney this man is 86 years of age and shouldn't be practicing his service, this divorce was simple.
FOR THIS SERVICE THE CHARGE SHOULD ONLY BE $5.00 if I like the answer its $31.00

Thank you. Typically a substitution of attorney is a matter that is filed with a court. Did he include a motion that he's filing with the court?

I'M UNABLE TO PAY THAT AMOUNT
I'M not in a great financial situation.

I see. I will opt out and let customer service know. This is not a free service, although your satisfaction is guaranteed (meaning that you agree to pay a certain amount for a satisfactory answer). As you have indicated you are unable to pay that amount, I will opt out. I do wish you the best of luck in this matter.

I'm sorry this taking much longer then I thought
I'm going to disconnect at this time don't charge my card please, no answer was provided.
I'm actually requesting No charge be made to my account Thank you /08/29/2015
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer