Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

My daughter is using a very Biased mediator, support and

Customer Question

my daughter is using a very Biased mediator for divorce, support and custody issues in Calabasas California. He only answers the husbands emails and everything is biased towards him. She has copies of all the texts and emails sent. She has been trying to get in touch with him and has left voice mails as well. He just answered her husband back and is telling her that he is going on vacation and she has to set a time or he is going to issue his mandates before he goes on vacation as he is going for three weeks. Is this allowed. She has paid for half of the mediation fee.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

It is sad and unfortunate, but many of these mediators always seem to pick sides in a case and that prevents an unbiased and fair mediation. If that is the case, she can file a motion to terminate mediation and go to court to litigate the divorce instead of continuing with the mediator and in order to do that she is going to list each and every instance where he has treated her differently and did not act impartially. Only the court can remove the mediator once she files a motion and explains based on the impartial conduct mediation would not be productive.