Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My husband included our home in living trust.Neither of us

Customer Question
My husband included our home...
My husband included our home in living trust.Neither of us have filed for divorce yet. I am getting no help from him and he has just took all equity out on home raising the house payment by 450.00. He has moved down street in another of his properties with another woman ad children.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
8/27/2015
Family Lawyer: Attorney2020, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer

Assuming the home is community property, your husband cannot take the equity out and use if for his own personal pleasures. As a spouse, you are entitled to half of the proceeds in connection to the real estate. Perhaps send written correspondence requesting half od the equity monies. Additionally, look into retaining divorce counsel. Where are you located in California, I may have a referral to a family lawyer that is extremely reasonably priced depending on your location.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.

Attorney2020
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer