How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27268
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother was accused of molesting s daughter when she was

Customer Question

My brother was accused of molesting his daughter when she was little, but never convicted. He was told he could only see her if visitation was supervised by someone not related to him. My niece is now 21 and wants to see her father. Does the visit still have to be supervised?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. Who told him this regarding supervised visitation? Was there anything court ordered?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was ordered by the department of children and family services. My niece was about 10 at the time. Her maternal aunt, who she lives with, told her that even if she was 80 years old, she could never see her father without supervision.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

He needs to obtain a copy of the order. He should not rely on what the Aunt says, since she is not an attorney nor works with the Department. If he was never convicted and there was no court order, the restriction could have been while the matter was pending or while she was a minor. Now, as an adult, she can decide if she wants to have contact with her brother.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Related Family Law Questions