Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I live here in the State of Minnesota and have a have a 16

Customer Question
yr old daughter who has...
I live here in the State of Minnesota and have a have a 16 yr old daughter who has a depression disorder along PTSD. I am trying to make it possible for her to move back to SD to live with her older sister and family. I am wondering what type of legal forms and steps would be necessary for us to take, in order to give my older daughter 3rd party guardianship of her little sister in case of any kind of emergency?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
8/26/2015
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
Edited by Moderator)

I'm sorry; I accidently responded to your post while responding to another customer. Let me opt out so another person can assist you, since I'm currently with another customer. Thank you.

Family Lawyer: Michael J, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Michael J, Esq.

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to assisting you today.

Are you wanting to make the sister the actual legal guardian? Or are you more worried about the sister having the ability to make decisions (such as medical care) for the child while the child is there?

Michael

Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer