FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

Have an order out on my father he is contesting it so we go

Customer Question

Hi there. Have an order for protection out on my father he is contesting it so we go to "trial" tomorrow. Will I be asked questions by my father's attorney, or just the Judge? I am disabled and have no representation. I am pretty anxious and confused.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 years ago.

Good evening. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Yes, you will likely be questioned by his attorney, so be prepared. You will have to testify ,under oath and explain to the Judge and show why the order should be put in place and imposed. His attorney will be able to cross examine you, so be ready and expect it. If he testifies, you can question him as well, as well as any other witnesses who are called to testify. The Judge may have some questions and will control the proceedings.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!