How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalGems Your Own Question
LegalGems, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 10047
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LegalGems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

MY wife and I have a separation agreement in which I am

Customer Question

MY wife and I have a separation agreement in which I am supposed to pay her $1500.00 a month. Let me first state that she walked out on me and our 2 boys ages 11 & 15 4 years ago. She only works 4 hour a day at a school 8 months a year and earns about $9000.a year. Though she is a licensed beautician she refuses to get a full time job. I have a Union job and bring home $5200 a month, my mortgage is 2700 a month. It is impossible for me to pay her this amount of spousal support . I only signed the agreement because the atty I had said it was a good deal
Since March I have only been able to come up with one payment. I received a letter from her atty to pay up or be arrested. How can I have this renegotiated.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

what state is this in regards to?

Related Family Law Questions