How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter is in need of an attorney's assistance. She and

Customer Question

My daughter is in need of an attorney’s assistance. She and the father of her child (my grandchild) have tried to come to an agreement for 50/50 custody however his attorney, at the most recent “mediation” would not allow them to speak to one another and settle the situation out of court > She his attorney as usual, “bullies” my daughter (who does not have representation) and now the attorney says she will start trying to have the father gain full custody.
My daughter (is now a college student) and is married to a man in the US Coast Guard and they recently bought a home in Jacksonville Florida (he gave up a promotion to move closer for the child’s sake
The Father of the child in question claims not to work, does not pay his assigned child support, has a new wife and child, and he and his family move every few months.
She (my daughter) is coming to my home this week so she can attend a court hearing due to the father’s lack of child support.
She (my daughter) is willing to give up the child support and just wants 50/50 custody to be agreed to.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Can you tell me why the Father's attorney has stopped the mediation?

Related Family Law Questions