Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 plus years of experience.
17897874

My daughter is in jail and will be months. Her husband

Customer Question

My daughter is in jail and will be for 5 months. Her husband served her with divorce papers. Is he supposed to keep her things until she gets out. She is worried he will throw it away
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
Yes, he can be required to put her things in storage or safeguard her property until her release. The best thing to do is to keep them in storage.
I hope this is helpful to you.  If you have follow up questions feel free to ask.  It is never a problem.
Best regards.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.

She can ask the court to require her husband to put her things into storage.

Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?