FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

My son and s girlfriend have a 5 month old baby and just

Customer Question

My son and his girlfriend have a 5 month old baby and just found out she is pregnant again he just turned 18 and she just turned 16 we live in Florida they want to get married but her parents will not consent because they will lose public assistance if they let her can they get married without consent
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Without the consent of her parents, she would need a court order to get married. She would need to show and can that the man is the father of both children and they want and need to get married for the benefit of the children. Without the court order the clerk will not issue a marriage certificate and the only other way would be thorough emancipation.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!